Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Loonies

There's a wee park with swings and what not up at the top of Mount Panorama, so we thought we'd take the kids up for a bit on Saturday morning.



When we got to the top though, we found that the second half of the race track was closed. I went down and had a look as to why this may be.



Oh dear. They're not are they?



Holy &*@#. They are.

Those that have been around this circuit will understand what complete loonies these folks are. The descent is *very* steep, the Esses are treacherous and I can't for the life of me think how they could get through the Dipper at speed (and they most certainly be at speed - I don't see any brakes on those things, besides their feet).

I hung around for a bit thinking I could get a better shot or too. Alas, I ran out of time before the next run. I guess it must have taken a while to hose the blood off the track.

Here are a few more shots from around the mountain. We've had some rain since, but things had become quite a bit browner after a week or two of high temperatures. Pretty though.

No comments: