Sunday, July 30, 2006

Around About Way

Ok after spending a week on this crazy people's roads, I think I can see why some consider the English quite bizzare. Round abouts are a small obsession of this place and they don't make much sense. We even came across a double round about, you might can this works, well we don't no either and we survived it.

They have round abouts on freeways where one is doing about 120 and they start with two or three lanes, may go down to two in the middle and come out with just one lane on the other side.

there is bush in the middle, which does not allow a view through to the other side and of course the signs are somewhere on the exit. So you could be flying around the thing for some time before you manage to exit the correct one. I think I have already written to some about the inner city round abouts that take up three blocks and have about eight exits. So what is the point of this maddness, to keep life exciting, to challenge drives with quickness of sight to read the signs and slight of hand to move the car across lanes that stopped existing a mile back. I will keep you posted if I figure it out.

No comments: